Cllr David Owen’s Integrity Compromised? You decide.
The owners of No 9, Mill Leas, Lower Black House Hill, Hythe are Mr Richard James Hubbert & Annette Jewell. They applied for planning permission on the 02/10/2015 to erect a detached bungalow with off street parking. The planning application reference is Y15/0988/SH
In April 2015, Mrs Jewell & Mr Hubbert were assentors for Clllr Owen when he stood for election in May 2015. (See where this is going …)
At the planning and licensing committee, Tuesday 26th July @ 7pm in the Council Chamber, Item 7 Minute No 3 – Y15/0988/SH, a one Mr D Green, a neighbour, spoke against the application and Cllr David Owen (below) spoke for the application
Mrs Jewell & Mr Hubbert both live in Cllr Owen’s Hythe Ward, and live within spitting distance of his home.
To stand for election one needs a Proposer, a Seconder and Assentors, ten people in all. Well below are Cllr David Owen’s Proposer, Seconder and Assentors. Oh and look there are Mrs Jewell and Mr Hubbert’s names, now fancy that.
Name of Proposer (*), Seconder (**) and Assentors
Meurice Nicholas *
Belcourt Louis E R **
Hubbert Richard J
Owen Martin L G
Pearson Lucille E
Owen Catherine A
Cllr David Owen’s Integrity Compromised yes it certainly is.
Of course if this was done by a Labour or UKIP councillor, then the Tories would be up on their hind legs complaining.
Thinking of Councillor integrity a simple quiz?
1) Which well known SDC Conservative Councillor does not live in Shepway?
2) Which well known much loved SDC Conservative Councillor does not even live in Kent?
3) Which much loved and adored SDC Conservative Councillor lives in Robert Tressell Close?
4) Which much loved and well read local papers know this but keep quiet?
Clue questions 1,2 and 3 have the same answer. Question 4 is the usual answer.
Said Councillor may not comply under residency or employment rules either, just a clue.
To continue with a quiz further to that posed by TPJ:
1) Which FTC Councillor does/did not qualify for residential status?
2) Which FTC Councillor does/did not qualify under employment rules?
3) Which FTC Councillor could only qualify for UK citizenship & on no other count?
4) Which Governing Authority were aware but chose to turn a ‘Blind eye’?
5) Which Governing Authority caused a senior employee to lie to Kent Police?
6) Which Press, again, chose to keep quiet?
Integrity (and legality) are possibly questioned here so no frivolous replies please.
Answers on a postcard to: Alistair Stewart (CEO-SDC)
Or, maybe, Shepway Vox would care to delve in somewhat more depth?
Without doubt Cll David Owen’s integrity has been compromised, well that is a surprise!
Planning Application details not available
This application is no longer available for viewing. It may have been removed or restricted from public viewing.
Something to hide….
There’s more to this than meets the eye – check out the ex mayor of Hythe that is also an influential friend and neighbour???