SDC Cllr Allowances
Below are the allowances received by SDC Councillors for the year April 1st 2014 to March 31st 2015. The sum total claimed by ALL councillors was £335,370.37 see
Cllrs can claim for the following:
- Basic Allowances =£3867.00 all Cllrs receive this.
- Special Responsibility Allowances are claimed by those who sit on boards such as the Shepway Joint Transportation Board, The Finance Committee etc.
- ICT Allowances – This is for computers etc and internet.
- Car Allowances – ie travel, Cllrs receive 45p a mile plus extra if they have another Cllr in their car.
- Public Transport – ie rail, bus, plane.
- Conference – each year the Local Government Association meets at Cllrs attend.
- Subsistence – food, hotels etc.
The highest amount claimed by any Cllr for the year was Cllr David Monk the Leader of SDC. He claimed £26,675. I believe Cllr Monk is a Senior Citizen and does no doubt receive a State Pension as he is entitled. Perhaps – I do not know but maybe Cllr Monk has a private pension too, again nothing wrong with that, so add that all together and for a pensioner Cllr Monk could be on more than £34,183.80 or the equivalent £657.80 per week. Nice.
I have looked through the more detailed expenses claims made by each Cllr and have found some anomalies, but before I post I must double check. I will post them soon.
Leave a Reply